Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Apologetic Amphibian

     I know, I know, I haven't posted in a week, not even the Best of 2011 series article promised for last Saturday, or the Classic Cinema Series post promised for today.  I promise I am not giving up on the Frog (quite the opposite) and everything should get back to normal next week.  I'm not making any money off of The Movie Frog (yet) and I work nine to ten hours a day at my day job, plus three to four more on this blog, five days a week.  Add in a few more hours of Frog time on my two days off and I don't have a lot of spare time.  It's always a race to get my articles posted on time under normal circumstances.  This week was my birthday week and I just let everything fall to the side for a moment, Frog-wise.  I needed the downtime to avoid total burnout.  I love doing this site but it is a lot of work.
     I plan on putting up one or two review posts before Saturday, then the acting awards on Saturday.  Obviously, the Best of 2011 series is now going to stretch into August by one week, but we do what we can.  Next Wednesday will see number one in the Classic Cinema series revealed and discussed.  Until the Best of 2011 series is concluded, I plan on posting it on Saturdays, Classic Cinema on Wednesdays, and at least two other posts during the week, ideally a Now in Theaters review and a set of DVD reviews.  The remaining weeks in August, I will probably move the Classic Cinema Series to Saturdays temporarily, to give it a little boost in readership before moving it back to Wednesdays in September when Saturdays will be occupied by Oscar buzz and prediction updates. 
     I mentioned earlier that I make no money off of doing this as of yet, but our readership is growing quickly.  Pageviews increased over 400% between March and April, then increased steadily over the course of the next two months, and it looks like July is going to yield an increase of at least 100% over June.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Thank you for reading the Frog, and thank you to those of you who have recommended it to others.  I have no idea how my large reader pools in the U.K. and Russia found my little blog, but I thank you and hope I don't come off as too much of an "ugly American" in the perspective I bring to this page.
     I still need your help, though, to make the Frog bigger, so I can devote more of my time to it and produce a greater volume and variety of material for your enjoyment.  So...tell all your movie buff friends about the Frog.  Follow the blog.  Follow me on Twitter @themoviefrog.  Post links on Facebook.  Like articles on Google Plus.  Retweet me on Twitter.
     Above all, please feel free to throw your two cents in by leaving comments.  I promise to try to respond to all of them in a prompt manner.  I can't make this a more compelling read without some insight into what my readers like, dislike, and want to see more of. 
                                                               Happy Belated Articles
                                                               Froggy

No comments:

Post a Comment